Master Data Management
Most organizations struggle with data and information quality and conflicting or redundant data in disparate systems across the enterprise. This is caused by:
- Multiple ERP systems (kernels) in different organizations
- Merger and acquisition activities leading to multiple ERP systems in the same organization
- "Best of Breed" applications with their own fragmented data models
- Unclear data ownership & data maintenance procedures
- Local versus centralized control of data
- Ad-hoc processes to create and maintenance of data
The result is operational inefficiencies and the inability to consolidate information across a company or on a global scale for strategic analysis and business interpretation.
eVizMDM allows you to establish a common, consistent view of data around master data objects such as Customer, Product, Vendor and across Business Units, Organization and Geography. You are able to upload data and updates from spreadsheets and EDI feeds and are provided with the ability to maintain data through a central portal (dependent on the approach taken). This capability, along with the ability to configure a workflow and authorization process, gives you all the tools needed to address the problem of data quality.
eViz MDM will provide a shared single version of the truth and delivers a workflow process that allows data to be managed by people as well as systems. It supports different approaches to master data management with models based on:
- One source for Master Data
- Centralized master data management within a customer organization feeding divisional systems
- Cross referenced data at the source
- Agreed common references with local source systems maintaining those references
- Cross referencing and resolving differences within eVizibility's Integration Platform
- Agreeing common references, but have those references applied retroactively as data is received in eVizibility
- A hybrid of the above
An eVizibility consultant or analyst would work with your subject matter experts to select the best approach as part of a short business requirements gathering exercize.
In summary, eVizibility's integration and workflow functionality provides a great option for companies looking to get to grips with the problem of master data both internally and with business partners.